90-Degree Angle Metal Grips
- The 90-Degree Angle Metal Grips is used on furniture with slots that are 90-degrees to horizontal, or in other words, the slot goes up and down. The alternative slot angle is 45-degrees, for which you would require our Evans Clips Patented or Fagas Straps. These metal clips are easy to crimp to the ends of your webbing to make any length strap for your furniture. The 90-degree angle clips and webbing are sold separately (unlike the Fagas Straps), so you can cut the webbing to your desired length, attach a 90-degree angle clip at each end, and snap them into your seat frame! The webbing will last 2-3 times longer than Fagas Straps. All you need is a pair of pliers.
- Is the 90-Degree Angle Metal Grip right for me?
- If your furniture has 90-degree angle slots, you need the 90-Degree Angle Metal Grips. To determine the angle of your slots, find something stiff, such as a credit card, and place it into the slot. Look at the angle at which it stands apart from the seat frame. If it looks vertical, you have a 90-degree angle slot. If it is somewhere between horizontal and vertical, you have a 45-degree angle slot. [For 45-degree angle slots, you need the Evans Clips Patented. For all other types of seat frames (e.g., those requiring loop straps or Expersprings), you may simply staple upholsterer’s webbing to the seat frame or consult a local upholsterer.]
- Measure the slot-to-slot distance BOTH from side-to-side and front-to-back on your seat frame. To create straps running front-to-back or in both directions (depending on your seat frame), plan for the straps to be 1-inch apart and simply calculate the total number of inches, rounding to the nearest foot. (Please do not measure your old, stretched out straps.) Click on Premium Upholsterer’s Webbing or Poly Webbing and select from the lengths available from the dropdown menu. (For example, if you need 30 feet, you can order 24’ and 6’, or you can order three lengths of 12, or you can order 24' and 12'.
- Calculate the total number of straps you will need, whether your furniture requires just front-to-back, just side-to-side, or both front-to-back and side-to-side. You will need two 90-Degree Angle Metal Grips per strap. Click on 90-Degree Angle Metal Grips and select the quantity you will need from the dropdown menu.